CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Led by a career-high points by Dasan Cinelli (Boston, Mass.) men's basketball picked-up their second win of the week as they earned an 90-64 win over Lesley University Saturday afternoon in a non-conference contest.
UMass Boston 90, Lesley University 64
UMass Boston (9-5)
Lesley University (0-12)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Cinelli's afternoon consisted of a 12-for-18 showing from the field, which included four 3-pointers. The senior also grabbed 11 rebounds for one his most impressive double-doubles. Four of the five Beacons starters finished in double-figures, with Charles Mitchell (Boston, Mass.) finishing second on the team with 17 points.
For the host Lynx, Chase Howard led his team with 27 points, after finishing 8-for-11 from the field and 10-for-11 on the free throw line.
Kostas Tatsis grabbed the lone double-double for Lesley with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
The Beacons got Saturday's contest off to a great start as they came out shooting. It took less than six minutes for UMB to take a double-digit lead following a Lorquet lay-up which made it 17-7. They would then roll into the halftime break with a 47-26 lead behind 55% shooting and 40% shooting from 3-point range.
UMass would maintain a near 30-point lead for most of the second half as they closed out their final non-conference win of the season.
BY THE NUMBERS
- In the 2-1 week for the Beacons Cinelli averaged 27.3 points per game
- On the day UMass Boston shot 47.9% (34-71) from the field and 37.9% from 3-point range (11-29)
- The Beacons held a 48-33 advantage on the glass
- UMass Boston recorded 14 assists in the win, which marked the sixth straight game that the Beacons recorded 11 or more assists
- At the charity stripe the Beacons shot 68.8% (11-16)
- All-time the Beacons are now 4-2 against Lesley and have won three-straight
- Saturday's game marked the first meeting between the Beacons and Lesley since 2011
The Beacons will Castleton University on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in a conference game.